Saturday, August 16, 2008

World Wind


The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy. This last week I went to my dear friend Stephanie’s wedding. I was so touched that she asked me to be in her wedding. When I say we have been through thick and thin in our relationship I am not kidding. We met our freshman year of college and I had a hard time finding a solid group of friends first semester. We talked some, but second semester we really hit it off. We realized that a lot of our values were the same as well as our struggles and our enjoyments. There were many memories that came from that trip. (Steph – remember our hair, the mall, the guys visit, the lights, and most of all the BUCKET!) This was just the beginning of a beautiful friendship, but as time went on we had friends get between us, boys get between us, even convictions get between us, but through it all we united our hearts and have supported each other through many of the adventures of life. I have so many memories, and because of those memories and our friendship I was so touched and so excited that she asked me to be in her wedding.
It was a very difficult time for me because of some personal things going on in my life, but God gave me the strength to push on and I was so excited, but the minute I stepped off the airplane I had a fever and extremely sore throat. I spent the first day and a half in bed. I missed the bachelorette party and much of the festivities. But praise the LORD that the Lord healed me enough to be in the wedding. I made it through the rehearsal and was feeling wonderful then I woke up the day of the wedding with pink eye. But I didn’t allow any of this to change the excitement I had for Steph and her day.
Her wedding was almost exactly how we had always dreamed of it being. I remember the summer before our Junior year we were both in a place of being very content and we decided to sketch out our weddings. This wedding was her dream wedding. The joy on her face was the joy of knowing that she was in the center of God’s will. I am so excited that I have new people in my life and I am excited to watch how Steph and Nick will form their own family in the future. Praise God for their pure union.
Love you Steph!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to support you in this new stage of your life.
When I got home I have been hitting the ground running. I’ve been keeping up with my studies (Hebrew and getting my maps and reading done for JUC), cleaning, organizing all my stuff, and more importantly packing up my life. Going to Jerusalem was something that I knew I was going to do, but it is now such a reality. I leave in 12 days and I’m praying that I have everything. Please pray that all of my finances fall into place. Right now I have enough to pay for school, but having money to live on is another story. Please pray that God will provide me money for the needs that I have while I am away.
Last week a bunch of my GCTS friends got together and we had a cook-out in the park…it was so nice to spend time with everyone before we all go our separate ways without the stress of school. We all sang and celebrated Sarah’s birthday and then out of the blue they pull out a gift for me. I am so blessed to have the friends and community that I have. God has blessed me way beyond what I ever expected. Thank you GOD!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You look beautiful (and so does your friend Steph)! Hopefully we can connect soon - we keep playing phone tag. :-) Can't wait to talk to you! Love ya!