Thursday, August 28, 2008

Prayer Letter

As you probably already know I am going to be spending the fall semester in Jerusalem Israel. I will be out of the country from August 28th through December 7th. While I am over there I will be taking classes at Jerusalem University College located in the old city of Jerusalem. If you would like to check out their web site it is http://www.juc.edu/.





I will be taking four graduate levels courses:




  • Old Testament Archeology -- A survey of the results of archaeological investigations in the land of the Bible with an emphasis placed upon relating archaeological findings to historical records of the Bible.

  • Physical Settings of the Bible -- A study of the physical features of the land of the Bible. Regions studied and visited include Galilee, Golan Heights, Judah, Samaria, Negev, Shephelah, Jordan and Jezreel Valleys, Benjamin, Sharon Plain, Philistia, and in Transjordan, Gilead, Ammon, the Medaba Plateau, Moab, and Edom.

  • Biblical Hebrew I – An introduction to the language

  • The Gospel of Matthew in its Jewish Setting -- A focus on the historical context and Jewish background of the Gospel of Matthew. The approach will facilitate a reading of the first Gospel that will shed light upon its context, theology, polemic and community ethos.

While I am very excited about these classes I am also very nervous. I am asking if you would please consider praying for me two or three times a week during my time there.


Some specific requests:



  • Safety traveling

  • Academics would not be to difficult/Good relations with professors especially regarding my dyslexia

  • Good Health

  • Good relations with professors

  • Build lasting friendships, as well as, get along well with my roommate

  • Grow in the LORD

  • My focus would stay of the LORD and that He would be preparing me for the future

  • My computer would last the entire trip. It is not working well.

  • God would provide for all my financial needs.


If you would like to contact me while I am away:


E-mail address: ELermo@gmail.com


Mailing address:


Elizabeth Lerman
c/o Jerusalem University College
3 Aravnah HaYevusi Hebron Road
PO Box 1276
Mount Zion 91012 Jerusalem Israel


I will be posting regular blog updates at : http://liz-thoughtsandadventures.blogspot.com/


With much love and gratitude.

No comments: