Monday, July 7, 2008

Question Marks


When you look at a question mark what comes to your mind? Punctuation? A weird squiggly line? a picture? Mystery? Misunderstanding? I have been thinking a lot about my future and what God has in store for me and all that comes to mind is a BIG question mark. I have little steps of where God is leading me but beyond that life is simply a constant walk of trusting, and listening. Many simple verses keep coming to my mind, but the one that has been the most encouraging is Philippians 1:4-6, "I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." While I feel insecure, and unsure I can take comfort in knowing that Christ is not finished with me. The question marks in my life are only ways to see the Lord working. In my question mark is what am I going to do for work, who am I going to marry, am I going to get married, will I pass my classes, will I be effective in spreading the Word of the LORD, and the list goes on and on. But by taking my filled question mark and laying before Jesus with confidence and trust in Him I don't have to worry. So, in a sense I guess I am thankful for questions marks. Lean on the LORD! He only has your best interest in mind. Praise the Lord for that! AMEN

No comments: