Thursday, July 3, 2008

Freedom

Today I have been thinking a lot about freedom and how privileged I am to live in America. There are so many things that I know I take for granted because I have not really known anything different. The amount of freedom I have because of living in America is a gift. I can worship Jesus Christ without having to worry that someone is looking over my shoulder ready to toss me into jail. I have freedom to read what I want, to be who God has created me to be without being told who to be or how to act. The more I was thinking about the gift of that freedom and was thanking God for it I began to contemplate how special it is a that I am free in Christ!
The last week I have been carrying a lot of heaviness on my heart. I have held on to my struggles, my emotions, and even myself. I wasn't facing the reality of somethings in my life. I was trying to be strong and in turn I ended up pushing God out of the picture and trying to keep myself afloat, when Jesus Christ is the only one who can do that. I was trying to free myself from the bondage I was feeling. A dear friend of mine confronted me about it. It was so cool. She could just tell that I was holding on to these things and putting myself deeper and deeper into bondage. She encouraged me to face what I was feeling, to go through my struggles, face my emotions, allow myself to sink so that I could experience the true freedom that I have in Jesus Christ. Not only does Christ give me freedom from my own selfishness, but Jesus has freed me from the burden and bondage of my sin.
This Independence Day I am focusing on the freedom I have in Jesus Christ! The freedom that comes from being completely surrendered to Him and His will for my life.
God Bless America and Praise HIM for all His wonders!

No comments: