Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday

The lyrics to this song have greatly impacted me through this Holy Week.

Remembering the true meaning of the holiday and how it impacts my everyday life. The bottom line is to run to the cross.


Lead Me to the Cross

Savior I come

Quiet my soul remember

Redemptions hill

Where Your blood was spilled

For my ransom

Everything I once held dear

I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross

Where Your love poured out

Bring me to my knees

Lord I lay me down

Rid me of myself

I belong to You

Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I

Tempted and tried

Human

The word became flesh

Bore my sin and death

Now you're risen

Everything I once held dear

I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross

Where Your love poured out

Bring me to my knees

Lord I lay me down

Rid me of myself

I belong to You

Lead me, lead me to the cross

To your heart

To your heart

Lead me to your heart

-- Hillsong


Over the last couple of weeks I have been processing through some things going on in my life and decisions that I need

to make. I have been faced with choices to make and I am seeking what to do and trying to make the right choices, but

realized through this song...that I have been seeking the answers from myself and people around me instead of seeking

for the answers and the foot of the cross. When Christ is at the center things are clear and simple. When the focus is put

on self things become confusing and muddy. I am so thankful for the cross and that God gave Jesus life for me. Once

again, because of that, I can come to the cross and ask for forgiveness for trying to do things my way instead of seeking

Christ first. I pray that as you experience this Easter that you realize again the great gift that we have in the life and death

of Christ.

No comments: