Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome Back to Israel

As I sit in the plane on my way Israel I have a very different feeling than I did last time. Last time I had to think about what I was going to need for 4 months...this time is only two weeks! I packed at the very last minute and basically am walking into the trip as an event that is going on in my life, not an amazing trip! It actually wasn’t until I was actually in the vans driving to Logan Airport that I began to even get excited. I think part of that has to do with the fact that I have been so incredibly busy and on top of it I have some cold/allergies/sinus thing going on...and it just makes traveling no fun.

The adventure began at 9:30am left my house and realized...”Oh! I need my Bible!” Who goes to the Holy Land and doesn’t bring the word of God. Met up with the rest of the team at Free Christian Church as we loaded the vans and headed to Logan Airport. Everything went well in regards to checking in and security, but our flight to New York was delayed three times! We were suppose to leave Logan at 12:30 and we ended up leaving at almost 4! Our flight for Tel Aviv was on time and was suppose to leave at 6:30pm. We made it with about 30 min to spare.

Both flights I was in first class. The ride from Boston to New York was not anything to be excited about. I received a bottle of water...whoo hoo. But the flight from New York to Tel Aviv...AWESOME!!! I arrive and while I am getting situated they come up to me and offer me a drink...beer? wine? champagne? juice? It was so nice and so relaxing, not only that but I have no one around me. HUGE seat with empty seats everywhere...great for sleeping! The seat and the drink would have been enough for me, but dinner. Dinner was AMAZING! They gave me a menu...good thing because some of the things I wasn’t even sure what they were. Started with an appetizer of lox with some kind of unique vegetable with feta cheese. I personally was not a huge fan of it...I’m not big on the raw fish. Then I got a HUGE salad with the cutest little dressing and salt & pepper shaker. Then the main course...OH BOY! An extremely tender steak in a mustard soy marinade, sweet potato steak fries seasoned in a cinnamon and salt rub with veggies. It was delicious! Dessert wasn’t anything great except that one could pick thier dessert off the cart very cool. Our expected time of arrival in Israel is 1:00 pm Israel time. For those of you who do not know...Israel is six hours ahead.

I updated my cell phone plan to make and take international calls and international text messages. So...if you get bored or just miss me give me a buzz or send me a text :)

I am really looking forward to going on the trip to just soak up what God has for me.

Blessings!

No comments: