Monday, September 21, 2009

A Long Time

Well, It has been a long time since I have last posted. Almost a year! I am going to try to keep up with this again, but life has been so busy. Unfortunately blogging is the first thing to go.
Let's see...the last year in a quick over view. I am working part time at a preschool. I wish I were actually teaching but rather I am speech and language tutor. There are many children in this particular program who only speak spanish or spanish is thier second language. I come in and help them learn english and work on pronounciations etc... It is so much fun. The children are great! I know that I am not suppose to have favorites, but there are those few kids that hold a very special place in my heart.
When I returned from Israel last December I did not return to my home church and was church "shopping". In April my home church approached me about working part time because the woman they hired was pregnant and needed to change her hours. I took advantage of that. So, I am back working at Free Christian Church part time. It has been a blessing!
My summer was not very exciting. Although, the head of the Children's department was on Sabbatical so there were three part time workers who ran the show. VBS was a success! We had over 200 children and over 100 volunteers. God showed up and worked amazingly through everyone!
Lets see the other big amazing things are that the church has opened a second site and the family of God is growing.
This summer my dear friend, Sara got married to the man of her dreams! It was a beautiful wedding and it was tons of fun!
And right now the most exciting thing is that my friend Anne had a beautiful baby boy! He is so precious!
Other than that life is just going along. I am taking hebrew and planning a trip back to Israel. I should be graduating with my masters in May and only God knows what will come next.
I will keep you all informed on things and share my heart!
Blessings!

No comments: