Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thank You!

Hello Everyone!
I deeply apologize. I have been very irresponsible with keeping up with my blog while I was in Israel, but I wanted to thank all of you who prayed for me while I was there. It was an experience that changed my life and the way which I read the word of God. It is almost like the Bible has become 3-D because I have visited these amazing places. I have had a difficult time summing up my trip in words. I would best describe it as a roller coaster. When I arrived I was on a high. I was simply in awe and amazement that I was waking up in the same place where David and Jesus and Paul and so many other people that I highly respect woke up themselves. But once I had been there for a while, and the school work began getting more intense, and we were going on trips every weekend, I had a very hard time and became very withdrawn. I never had anytime to rest or really spend any sufficient time to myself. I began feeling like my walk with the LORD was something on my checklist rather a growing relationship. This was very hard for me, but once I hit rock bottom things were great. I got my priorities in order again and put God #1 even at the expense of school and sleep and the Lord blessed above and beyond. I had unexplainable energy and God completely stretched my time and kept me healthy. But through out the entire time I never lost the thought that I was where Jesus was. I walked the streets that Jesus walked. I thought a lot about teens who idolize a movie star or rock star, and I felt a lot like that. I took pictures of stones that Jesus touched and got all giddy about going to Jericho where the walls fell down. I felt like a teen who had the privilege of experiencing a piece of their idols life. It was incredible.
Again, thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I am much better at answering specific questions than I am at telling stories out of the blue.

No comments: