Monday, September 22, 2008

Some pictures

Here are a few pictures!
These are two of my closest friends here at JUC. Breanne is in the middle, she is my roommate. Doesn't she look like a tourist. To the left is Leah she is our next door neighbor. We are the only three single Graduate girl students who live on campus.


In this picture I am at the ruins of the temple where Jesus went. The road behind me is called the Cheesemakers road and Jesus walked it frequently. In here I am "swimming" in a mikva. A mikva is like a little pool that the jews had to wash in before they could go and worship in the temple. There is a set of stairs that goes into the pool you would walk in on the right and exit on the other side. This way you did not walk in the path of your sin again.


This is the sign to the school I am attending. Good old Jerusalem University College! It is known as the American Institute by the taxi drivers.



This is a picture from the Garden of Gethsemene. It was beautiful.



These are a number of stone graves on the Mount of Olives. The Mount of Olives is mostly grave sites, but there is one little section that is all olive trees.






This is a classic view of Jerusalem. The dome of the rock. It is the large muslim mosque.





Me and my camel friend. His owner was offering rides at the top of the Mount of Olives.


Sorry it took me so long to post some pictures. The internet is very slow here and it takes a while to upload pictures. This is the first time I was able to get any through. ENJOY!

















4 comments:

Jennifer said...

The pictures are so great Liz! I really look forward to seeing more. :-) I love hearing about all that you are doing. I'm praying for you!

Sara said...

Yay, it's great to see your pictures and see what you're doing. Love you girl!!! Hope you're having a blast. Talk to you soon. ~Sara

Ariel Kuykendall said...

you look so cute and it makes me miss you tons!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Liz! Sounds like you're finding encouraging community there, and feeling both awed and challenged by your studies! Tell your host what a great idea Cookie night is :) ~Cheryl